- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.7 stars
4.7 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The WPRichSnippets plugin got a new schema markup in this update, version 1.2.1 introducing schema.org for Articles, including its sub markups and Non-Reviews functionality. Also, several enhancements has been made to the plugin.
So, we’ve got two main additions to the plugin, let me tell you more about it.
Schema for Article
Schema.org for Article allow you to mark up your post or page content as an Article, there are other more specific markups that you can choose from:
- General article
- Blog post
- News article
- Scholarly article
- Tech article
One new feature that has been added in version 1.2.1 is the non-reviews functionality, which allows you to markup your content without having to enable the review features. This could be ideal for schema Article type and some other schema types we will introduce in the future.
This feature will be only available on applicable schema types, otherwise the check none check box will be disabled.
List of Plugin Changes
Here is a list of changes made in WPRichSnippets version 1.2.1 update:
* Fixed SoftwareApplication markup and post meta.
* Enhanced filters above and below Box and content.
* Added a new filter to hook to the Box.
* Hook entry description to the wprs_box_after filter via its own function.
* Hook entry links to the wprs_box_after filter via its own function.
* Added new class wprs_box_links to button links, and gave it a style.
* Added support for schema type Article.
* Added a new radio check button for settings Review Type to “none”.
* Added two new variables to wprs_template() function, datePublished and dateModified.
* Updated description and links in Box template files for all reviews types.