In this release of WPRichSnippets plugin, version 1.4 includes big enhancements to its Widget, we are introducing a new Reviews Widget, and other enhancements.
New Reviews Widget
WPRichSnippets comes with a WordPress Widget to display recent or top rated reviews, but it was a very light widget with minimal features, it used to work only for Reviews type > Rating, which is made for only Editors reviews. So, this Widget wasn’t able to display user aggregate reviews, this made it very limited.
Reviews list used to have one simple layout, it used to look like this:
In WPRS version 1.4, we’ve included a new whole Reviews Widget to empower your sidebars with several ways of displaying reviews.
Here is how the Widget settings panel looks like in version 1.4 release:
And, you can display with different styles as these examples below:
Reviews Widget Demo
You can see a demo of the sidebar widget on our demo site.
Version 1.4 Changelog
Here is a list of changes we’ve made to the plugin in this release.
* Fixed errors on WooCommerce product pages.
* Fixed video thumb is not been used as widget thumb.
* Enhanced video thumb, now loaded as attachment and save url in post meta.
* Enhanced widget, added support for review types.
* Enhanced widget, added support for video thumbnail.
* Enhanced widget, added new fields for thumbnail width, height, and alignment.
* Enhanced widget, added new fields for excerpt length and a read more link.
* enhanced widget, added two styles for reviews display.
* Enhanced widget styles to avoid conflicts with themes and other plugins.
* Enhanced styles for rating to avoid conflict with themes and other plugins.
* Added new class to resize images when calling it on the widget.
Download this update?
If you are already a member and have a valid plugin license, you will receive a notification in your WordPress Dashboard for the new update soon. Otherwise, you can renew it, or get license to receive this update.