Since you are using (or thinking of using) our plugins, you probably know that Rich Snippets are an important feature of the Google search engine. This article includes resources we found useful and may assist you with this issue, or at least will point you to the right direction.
Hence, Google has technical and quality guidelines that you should be a ware of.
Before we start!
A very important thing to put in mind, Google Structured Data Testing Tool is just like any other software, it may have bugs.
So, in some cases; the Tool will show errors even when markup is valid, or show valid when markup isn’t really valid, also you may get an error in the Testing Tool while you can see Rich Snippets working in Google search results.
Why Rich Snippets Not Showing
There seem to be a few possibilities why Rich Snippets are not showing in Google SERPs for your site:
- The marked-up structured data is not representative of the main content of the page or potentially misleading.
- Marked-up data is incorrect in a way that the testing tool was not able to catch (we keep our plugins up to date!).
- Marked-up content is hidden from the user.
- The site has very few pages (or very few pages with marked-up structured data) and may not be picked up by Google’s Rich Snippets system.
- Not enough time has passed (4-12 weeks seems to be the common time quoted)
- Google have decided not to show the data.
Here are some useful resources:
- Google: Structured Data Policies
- Googlel Webmaster Help Forum : FAQ : Rich Snippets
- Study: Site Owners Are Too Impatient When It Comes to Google Rich Snippets
- Stackexchange: Rich Snippets not working (and working at the same time?)
- Google: Rich Snippets Not Really For Your Homepage
- theSEMpost: Check If Page Quality is Preventing Rich Snippets from Showing in Search Results
We hope you find this article useful.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4 stars
4 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating