We are super excited to announce this update of WPRichSnippets plugin, which includes an important addition to the Schema types supported by the plugin. We’ve added Schema for Recipes in version 1.3.7 release and followed Google guidelines for Recipes Rich Snippets to make sure our plugin provide a valid markups.
So, if you blog about food and recipes, get this update now.
Schema for Recipes
Now, with WPRichSnippets plugin; you can mark up your recipe content with structured data to provide rich cards and host-specific lists for your recipes, such as reviewer ratings, cooking and preparation times, and nutrition information.
Schema Post Meta
We’ve updated WPRS’ Schema post meta box to allow you insert your recipe details and directions in an easy way.
We’ve also added new Box template for Recipes to allow you to display your sweet dishes recipes in an elegant and clean way.
Tip: Try testing the demo pages in the Structured Data Testing Tool to see how it validates.
Changelog for version 1.3.7
* Fixed a notices was showing on archives.
* Fixed an error happened when adding aggregate review and criteria field not set.
* Added new Schema type Recipe.
* Added new template for votes and aggregate user reviews to work with Recipe.
* Added new fields to the Rich Snippets meta box for Recipe.
* Added new styles for the Recipe Box tempalte.
* Added several new functions and variables to the wprs_template array.
* Added new function to display user aggregate rating with minimal layout.
* Cleaned some part of the code to make it more readable.
Also, changes in version 1.3.6
Note: we haven’t published about this update, so we thought to mentioned the changelog here.
* Fixed a notice when deciding by zero in user aggregate pagination.
* Fixed FontAwesome up arrows in post Schema meta box was not showing.
* Fixed a schema error in user aggregate reviews by removing applicationCategory when when schema type is not SoftwareApplication.
* Fixed warning on aggregate user reviews.
* Respect WooCommerce schema if plugin is active and enabled on entry.
* Added required notice to a couple of required fields in schema type Article.
* Added itemprop to images in user aggregate reviews list.
* Modified some of the styles to clear unwanted empty spaces.
* Use Schema template array values for SoftwareApplication.
* Recoded a few functions to enhance plugin performance in admin pages.
* Pumped tested up to 4.5.2 version of WordPress.
We hope you will enjoy this release.
Leave a Reply